
Saturday, October 30, 2010
BOOOOO!!!!
Evan and I are well-known to be the grinches of Halloween. Neither one of us cares much for it. Maybe years of teaching young children, and this particular holiday ruining AT LEAST a week of my year have soured me on it, and Evan, well, c'mon. Anyhoo, we've managed to keep the whole concept under wraps in our household, and even this year, when Everett started to get suspicious, I was still keeping the whole thing on the down-low. He started with questions like, "What are the bags for?" "What goes in the bags?" I would just shrug my shoulders and say, "I have NO idea!" When he found out more (thanks DJ Lance Rock) he asked me, more pointedly, "When IS Halloween?" To which I responded again, "Gee, I don't know." But, I finally caved on the costume front when EC declared he wanted to be a butterfly. I mean, how cute is that? And what are the chances that by the time he has really sorted out the whole Halloween thing, he won't want to be something way less cute? And, of course, if Everett has something jazzy, well, Frankie has to have it too, or there is absolutely NO PEACE around here. We think Everett looks kinda like the Kurt Cobain of butterflies.






Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment