




The garden is completely crazy, out of charge, nuts. It's full of plants that are so large and bonkers and prehistoric, it's like Jurassic park out there. Highlights include: this crazy upside-down trumpet-flower tree; a palm tree--for real--that I hate and Evan thinks is EPIC; a giant herb garden, a giant succulent area; a real-live Japanese maple, which I have always dreamed of having; and yes, a real-live, ginourmous lemon tree, which I used one of the lemons from yesterday. And also I brought the plastirondac (yes, that's plastic-Adirondac) chair from Brooklyn, and it's the only patio furniture we have down here, but it's a start! So that's the house, people! Now you only have events to look forward to on the super-duper Hale/Becker blog!
3 comments:
well, sarah hale, i was feeling sympathetic about your "tough year" after our little talk on the c&c patio, but, damn— you got yourself a HOUSE! Now I'm just jealous and hoping your plants shrivel up. ok, FINE, i don't wish that but may you at least track some dirt inside one day. sweet shack!
sweet crib honey. that garden looks like fuckin heaven, but that upside down flower thing (datura)is poisonous, so don't let Jr eat it. My wife made me kill ours. Aloha
Is it just me, or is this starting to sound like some weird episode of the Jeffersons?
Post a Comment