Saturday, July 22, 2006

My Niece Julia



This is her. She's three. I think we may share quite a bit of genetic material, because she's very fiery and sassy and both of her parents (my brother and his wife) are very easygoing folks. So I bought her this little watering can, because otherwise she insists on using the huge one and I am afraid she's going to drop it on her foot, and then she's have to go to the hospital, and it would be my fault, you know. So she's out there watering the plants, and I keep trying to take her picture, and she won't even look up at me, and then she says, "Sarah, I'm CONCENTRATING." Anyway she finally gave me one smile, just to shut me up. Note the chocolate ice cream on her mouth, that's not dirt, or worse. We went to Mitchell's ice cream earlier, and let me tell you, that's some good ice-cream, they have all kinds of bizarre flavors, like blue yam and avocado, but I get Mexican chocolate. Julia dropped her cone, and then she smiled ever-so-sweetly and said to me, "Sarah, I LOVE yours!" A chip of the old auntie-block.


Anyway, later she did some reading with Uncle Evan. He likes to imply that maybe she loves him better than she loves me, but that in no way should I feel bad about that. (jerk) But she really is crazy about him. Not that I'm jealous.

No comments: